The Summer of Blogs: 3 Tips to Keeping it All Straight

It's been a busy summer!

I love writing and I love blogging which is why this summer has been chalked full of all kinds of blogging. From the personal blogs you've been reading here, to blogs for companies and organizations. With all this writing and blogging, I decided to share some of the blogs I wrote that aren't on this blog and share my tips on how I keep it all straight and write!

First and Foremost
Don't overthink it! A good rule of thumb for any blog post to engage readers and not lose their interest is to write between 300 and 500 words. I typically start with a topic, research it, and start writing! Don't over think at first, just write. Get all your ideas out so you don't forget them and fine tune the details later!

Fine Tune the Details
Once you've written all your ideas out, go back and edit your post. Hopefully, after you've written all your ideas out, your post won't be under 300 words, and if you're like me, you'll have to cut your blog post down to size.

Finish it Up
Proof read your post, add pictures and finish it up! If possible, have someone else read your post for grammar and style. Having someone else read your post will ensure the post is clear and gives the reader enough information. Below are some areas where you can read other blog posts that I've written this summer for The Center for Digital Engagement at EMU and TrueJob!

Center for Digital Engagement

TrueJob

Comments

Popular Posts