Building a Personal Brand

As a professional in public relations, we spend a lot of time building our clients brands and maintaining them through good times and bad. While we are great at our jobs, sometimes we fall short on building our own personal brands. While it may seem easier to build a personal brand than a company brand but for many of us, it's more challenging. I've written a few tips that I use in building my own brand to help those who might be struggling.

Interests
Figure out your interests and what you want your brand to be. It should be true and genuine to yourself and who you want to be, so use your interests to build your brand. For me, it's a love of Harry Potter, the communications profession, makeup, and my family. Choosing things that are professional and personal will showcase your personality and define your brand!

Future
Staying true and genuine to you is important but it's also to important to think about your future and where you want to be. If you want to work for a certain company, write about them, follow them and take an interest in their happenings. Where do you want to be? Position yourself like you're already there.

Keeping up
Like with an organizations brand, it's important to keep your brand up and running! Social media is a powerful tool for keeping up with your personal brand, don't let it lag behind with inactivity. Stick to a schedule and post about your interest and your future.

Follow me on social media for how I keep up with my personal brand!
Twitter
Facebook
Instagram
LinkedIn

Comments

Popular Posts