Job Hopping Millennials

I recently read that millennial are job hopping more than any other generation and that they are on track to have 4 jobs by the time they are 32. I wanted to explore why this I think job hopping is a new trend, that in my opinion, isn’t going away…

It’s a different world than it was 30 years ago when a person straight out of high school could get a decent job and stay there until retirement with a nice pension. Workers were compensated fairly and had several benefits. Workers were loyal to their companies and felt safe and comfortable in their positions.

In my millennial opinion, I think we are job hopping so frequently because we want to learn more! There are hundreds of organizations to work for and millennial want to learn and grow their knowledge.

I think compensation in salary, time off, and a new experience also are deciding factors for the millennial job hop. Learning new things in a new environment with better benefits and more time off with flexible opportunities are important to many millennials and more jobs are understanding these needs.


Why do you think millennials are job hopping often?

Comments

Popular Posts