The Importance of Customer Relations

Today I received a message on LinkedIn from a new connection. It was a pleasant message and all was well, but she asked me a question that got me thinking about customer relations and how important they really are.

Customer service should be every business's top priority, and not just any customer service, GOOD customer service. With a poor customer service experience, how do you expect customers to return and why would you expect to gain new customers? Bad customer service can easily destroy a business, especially in a world full of technology when information is at the tips of our fingers. Have you ever seen a friend bash a company with poor customer relations on Facebook? I have and it makes me reluctant to do any type of business with said company. I've also seen many people recommend products and businesses on social media, which gives the brand a distinct upper hand because people trust people.

Like I told my new connection, a lot of executives think they run the organization, but in reality, it is the customers who determine whether or not a company survives. Without customers, a business will find themselves under water faster than a bag of marbles.

These facts are a major deciding factor that helped me choose to pursue public relations and marketing. A lot of organizations don't understand the importance of public relations and customer service. I want to help organizations see not what customers can do for them, but what they can do for their customers and how providing those things can translate into larger profits for the organization.

I bet you can tell me extraordinary details of the last time you experienced bad customer service. On the contrary, I bet you can also tell me quite a bit about the last great customer service experience you had. For me, my bad experience was with a company called GradImages.com and my good experience was with ZenPrint. You want to leave your customers with a positive opinion of your business. If they are contacting your business after purchase, it's likely because they are dissatisfied. Make sure your customers are well taken care of and they will take care of your business.

Comments

Popular Posts